07-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Join Date: Sep 2005
| | Forum Rules
FORUM RULES Last Updated: 5th July 2009 Welcome / Introduction
Hi, welcome to the OnlineGames.Net (OGN) forums and thanks for taking the time to get familiar with the rules and guidelines.Forum Objectives & Purpose
As a member of the OGN forums, you can post questions, participate in discussions, share information, meet other games, find game walkthroughs, read game reviews and lots more.
If youíre new to forums, please take 5 minutes to get acquainted with the basics of how a forum works so that you can use most of the features in the OGN forums effectively. (Hereís a simple guide on how to use forums Ė all forum beginners are encouraged to read this brief guide which applies for all forums including OGN.)
The OGN Forums is for members to chat about Games and engage in discussions relating to Gaming and things which Gamers find interesting. It is NOT FOR SPAMMERS to post unwanted SPAM messages, links and other unsolicited advertising which is annoying for members.
The OnlineGames.Net Forums contains posts, threads and individual forums which serve as a platform for members to:Forum Rules & Guidelines
The OnlineGames.Net team and moderators use the Forums to:
- Discuss about games, gaming and other subjects.
- Find game help, FAQs and walkthroughs.
- Meet other members, make friends and talk about games
- Share games and challenge other players to beat their score
- Enter competitions and win prizes
- Earn points and prizes by contributing to OnlineGames.Net
- Share news about developments in OGN
- Update members about new games in OnlineGames.Net
- Make announcements about competition winners and other member activities
- Respond to Site Support and technical issues
The Rules and Guidelines in the OGN Forums have been created to ensure that the Forums are fun and useful for all members.
There are a few fixed rules to follow and a bunch of other guidelines which are more a guidance on how to use the forums.
General OGN Forum Rules:
- Membersí Age: To be a member of OnlineGames.Net and the OGN Forums, you are required to be aged 13 or above.
- One Account per Member: Only 1 account is allowed per member.
- No Adult Content: Members are not allowed to make postings which contain adult images, links or any other related content.
- No Swearing & Offensive Language: Members are not allowed to use offensive language in the forums by swearing or making comments which may offend another members race, religion or personal qualities.
- No Spam: It is pointless to spam in the OGN Forums as it will be deleted immediately and youíre account is likely to be banned. So, donít waste your time.
Acceptance of Forum Rules
What is considered SPAM (which will be deleted) in the OGN Forums?Forum Guidelines & Requests from the Moderators:
- Ad Spam: Posts which are made for the purpose of including advertising messages, links and related content
- Post Spam: Posts which have no value other than to increase the memberís post count. This includes multiple postings (for the same subject), bumping an old thread (for no reason), and making double threads (ie. Starting a topic which already exists).
- Please Read the Rules of the Forum before Posting
- Search for Answers before Posting
- Make a detailed posting
- Post in the Correct Section/Forum
- No Flaming & Personal Attacks
- Be Polite to other Users and the Moderators
By using the OnlineGames.Net Forums, all users and members agree to follow the Rules & Guidelines. If you break any of the rules, your account may be suspended or permanently banned depending on the circumstances.
Note 1: A lot of the rules have been created to stop spammers from spoiling the forums for regular members. This is why there are strict rules to terminate the accounts/members who are posting unwanted spam.
Note 2: If you're a genuine member who is new to forums and are not familiar with how it works properly, don't worry, these rules are not intended to catch you out on newbie mistakes. They are primarily to stop the spammers from spoiling the forums for everyone.